Mechanical Engineer AFYS3G (location Lelystad)
For 40 hours per week
Who are we?
AFYS3G is a team of enthusiastic and creative engineers who are engaged in the design, development and production of laboratory consumables and benchtop equipment related to working with samples. Thanks to an innovative approach and modern design techniques, the time-to-market is kept as short as possible. The projects are carried out by multidisciplinary teams that work closely with development partners and suppliers. Whether for end-users or for third parties, we can do it. AFYS3G provides solutions in the field of designing, developing and producing tailor-made products (equipment and labware) for modern research in the life sciences sector.
As a mechanical Engineer you are part of the PDME department.
• Design of modules, based on top level system design, specification, product cost, regulations, manufacturability and usability;
• Creates TPD (drawings and product specific customization/production documentation) optimized for utility, manufacturability and product cost;
• Contributes to the project team to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile;
• Pro-actively reports progress and problems;
• 3D modeling and drawing using 3D software, and the implementation of Engineering Change(s) using PDM;
• Translating performance specifications into design specification for modules and submodules;
• Creation and validation of new concepts: steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews;
• Providing input (design effort) on planning for modules and submodules;
• Optimization of the design, with a team of designers;
• Problem solving: propose solutions and implementation plan;
• Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability;
• Definition and execution of the final tests to verify the specifications;
• Collaboration with module integration into the complex AFYS3G systems.
• Technical education at a master or bachelor level (mechatronics or mechanical engineering);
• 2 or 3 years of experience in product development with regard to mechatronics and/or precision engineering is a plus;
• Skilled in designing mechanical modules;
• Skills in CAD (SolidWorks is a plus), PDM;
• Skills in geometrical dimensioning and tolerances;
• Affinity with mechatronics and precision mechanics;
• Affinity with development, production processes and product standards;
• Is a creative and technical thinker;
• Communicates clearly;
• Is aware of own personal effectiveness;
• Hands-on team player.
Send your resume and cover letter to: AFYS3G attn Jessica Iske: email@example.com. For questions you can call 0320-277073 . More information about AFYS3G can be found here .
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.